CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Donations

Obviously I have been trying to occupy myself with thinking about anything BUT when a travel date will come specifically, but I realize that there are a lot of other things that we can get in order while we're waiting.

One of these is donations. I don't want anyone to feel like they have to do this, but if you are interested in donating in some way, either to the orphanage we are going to, or Hope Enterprises (see right hand bar), or possibly AHOPE, the orphanage for HIV positive kids, then please let me know. I want to get an idea of who would like to be involved and to what extent. My feelings are that I would prefer to take as few things with us as possible, but I realize that there are some items that they will want that can't be found in Ethiopia. My thoughts were to collect money from most people and then go out and buy items there that they need. This way, I don't have to haul it all over like a pack mule, or one of those couples you see at the airport with 17 pieces of luggage dressed like they are about to have their photos taken, who obviously don't fly over 2 hours very often and are in for a rude awakening as they enter their 15th hour of international travel. It also puts money directly back into their economy which is a good thing.

Let me know what you think and which option you would be more likely to want to participate in - Giving me cash, or items (which I will have to get a list of when we are closer to being able to travel).

And maybe no one will want to. I know its not like everyone has piles of extra cash this year. But a little can go a long way there. ;)

1 comments:

AJ Gorham said...

I would love to help! Not sure how at the moment but...I want to!!!